You are invited to attend a potluck for Cape Meares residents and guests.
Sunday, May 26,
MAY 11TH CMCA MEETING
Saturday, 10:00 AM
CONSIDERS FUND RAISING FOR NEW SIDING AND
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
PLUS AFTER THE MEETING!
PRESENTING MASTER of DISASTER GORDON McCRAW
WITH SHOCKING FINDINGS OF THE OREGON RESILIENCY PROGRAM
AND WHAT IT MEANS TO US PLUSUPDATES ON THREATS TO ROADS AND CAPE MEARES WATER SYSTEM
1. Final Opportunity to nominate officers plus election of officers:
A. Accept nomination of president, secretary and treasurer
B. Nominate president-elect, secretary-elect, and treasurer-elect
C. Receive offer for social chairperson, a voting board position
2. Re-siding of the Community Center: The vote to choose the material was announced.
A. Skilled community members have agreed to lead a volunteer crew to install the material, so the labor is paid for.
B. We need funds to buy material. Please come with ideas for fund-raising.
- Our water tank will probably not survive another rainy winter. Water Board Chair, Bob Gararigues, will update us on the latest in this challenging, dramatic race to have a new tank in place before the winter rains begin.
- Liane Welch, Director of County Roads, will present information about the closure of the Cape Meares Loop Rd., emergency provisions for winter road closures, especially as the Loop Road will likely be closed through the coming winter. Liane will take a short Q and A.
- TO TOP IT OFF! Gordon McCraw, County Director of Emergency Services, will discuss how the county's preparations for the above situations, up to and including "The Big One" and following tsunami have been informed by the recently-released Oregon Resilency Program. Cape Meares residents have made great progress in our preparations. Gordon will discuss how our efforts interface with his work.